Saturday, February 18, 2012

Where can I find a good golf set for a beginner?

Hi, I'm starting to really get into golfing. I'm 20 years old, 6'3'' and 160 lbs. I'm also a righty. I'm not sure if all that matters but I figured I just let you guys know.



Anyways, I wanted to know your recommendations for a quality and inexpensive golf set for a beginner like me. Also, if you can include where I can find such a set, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.Where can I find a good golf set for a beginner?I would by a mid range set, but definently a name brand in case you want to resale. You could go to a shop and get fit for a set although I can tell you I play a pretty standard set up and I'm 6'2". You may want to hold off until after you play a little. Maybe get fit for your second set.



Go to a range and demo some clubs.



Get an easy set to hit that's forgiving. Stay away from blade style irons and go for cavity back. I like cobra for value and playability.



Once you settle on something check out ebay for the best deals. You can use this tool to find out what clubs sold for on Ebay...

http://valueguide.pga.com/



Once you get started playing check out this website to improve your game...

http://www.mobilegolfstats.com/|||I'd say to go to a pro shop and ask the service person to measure your swing/grip so you know whether or not you're too tall for a standard set, first. Then, once you have the necessary information, go to Ebay and price decent sets of clubs by watching the auctions to get a good idea of the norm; then decide which suits your tastes.

Before you spend hundreds of dollars on something that's not going to help you get better, get a set of used clubs that fit and then work on your stroke. 5 lessons will give you better feedback than 5 sets of clubs or 5 opinions...Where can I find a good golf set for a beginner?Because of your height, standard size clubs may not be comfortable for you. If they were, I'd say any big box retailer (in the US, Dick's, Sports Authority are but two of many) will have an inexpensive set you can buy.



You may want to go to a golf-specific store and see if you need to be fitted or not. If nothing else, you'd know your specs, and could then at least go the ebay route.|||Golf clubs can be so expensive but I found that Dick's Sporting Goods is perfect for good quality sets that can be affordable.



On there site there is a guide to buying a golf set.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/info/i鈥?/a>







I liked this set.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produc鈥?/a>



Here is some info on the set in the link.



The DICK'S Sporting Goods Exclusive Acuity men's Voltage set includes a Ti-Matrix graphite-shafted driver, graphite-shafted 3 %26amp; 5 fairway wood, cavity-backed irons, and an alignment putter. It comes completed with headcovers and a cart bag with 4-way divider top and rain cover.



I like the color too!Where can I find a good golf set for a beginner?Inferno Titanium Complete Men's Golf Club Set with Bag ,

Designed for new golfers this package includes all the clubs needed to start playing and enjoy the game. This package is an excellent choice for players looking for their first set or looking to move up from "hand-me-down" clubs.|||My friend has just started playing golf and he bought a full set (including bag) from Costco for 拢100. Also, JJB Sports have some reasonably priced golf clubs|||try a used golf shop or ebay. and your probably going to want regular flex irons.|||I get my clubs at the site below

No comments:

Post a Comment