Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is a great way to keep your attitude under check while on the golf course?

I have been playing golf for about 2 years and i'm doing great. But when I hit a bad shot then I go crazy. I keep hitting the ground. I was wandering if anyone could help me with this thanks.What is a great way to keep your attitude under check while on the golf course?I have heard one tip from someone that could help. It goes like this, after you have hit your shot try and count how many bounces it takes, this will take your mind off the worry for result and anger.|||In playing golf, your opponent is yourself. This means on one can destroy your score. If you would like to be a winner, you should remind yourself all the time during playing on course that you have practiced hard to win this competition, so you will not think of the last shot as well as the next shot, and you will make the best of present shot. It seems no benefit to do think of the bad things destroying you score.What is a great way to keep your attitude under check while on the golf course?I used to do the same thing. My dad always told me just get the shot out of your head because if you keep thinking about it you will continue to mess yourself up. Personally I sing songs in my head to distract myself. It's basically just thinking about something other than the past.|||This is the hardest part of the game of golf from newbies to PGA pros.



At 2 years, you are expecting too much of yourself. Try to remember you are out there to HAVE FUN. Don't hold yourself to some arbitrary standard that's unrealistic. Good golfers are the result of lessons and practice, even good athletes are naturally bad golfers.



We all shank em once in a while, it's part of the game. Your character is revealed in how you react and move forward. None of us are Tiger, and he hits LOTS of crummy shots.



P.S. chewing gum will help you with your tempo.What is a great way to keep your attitude under check while on the golf course?If you hit a bad shot.....Its done...its history. Now you have to only think about this next shot. The game is played one shot at a time....you have to be able to put the bad ones out of your mind....You are ony beating yourself.|||Just realize bad shots are part of the game. If you watch the guys on TV they aren't making perfect shots every time, it's how well you get yourself out of trouble that counts. So instead of wasting energy on hitting the ground and possibly bending your clubs so you would never be able to hit them, to thinking about the next shot and how your going to be able to save par.||| experience. I presume when you say "go crazy" it means anyone can tell that you are really mad. I used to be the same way until one day I played with a guy who got mad i.e. throwing clubs , throwing tantrums etc. When I realized what I looked like when I got this mad, I decided to change. I still get upset but hide it a lot better and I think this is something that once you learn to get a handle on your anger you will see a gradual improvement in your overall game.I also enjoy the game more once I calmed down.|||a great source to learn would be www.beagolfer.info

No comments:

Post a Comment