Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I stop the dashboard rattling in my Golf V?

I have a Golf V. There's a square ventilation grille on the top of the dashboard, for de-misting the windscreen. Problem is, it rattles all the time, even on smooth roads! It's very annoying. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a fix?How do I stop the dashboard rattling in my Golf V?If you can, remove it and use a little bit of clear Silicone on the bottom side of it. Let it dry, reinstall and it should have a snug fit.



Or get the Silicone tube and cut a small opening on the tip, and squeeze some around the sides, then wipe off the excess stuff.How do I stop the dashboard rattling in my Golf V?Is it still under warranty? If it is, take it back to the dealer!! Mine went back about four times, I threatened to take them to Trading Standards if nothing was done about it!! Hey presto! the car was virtually stripped down, but they cured that damned rattle!! Good luck!How do I stop the dashboard rattling in my Golf V?Take the grill off and lay down some dynomat, or any other sound deadening material and that should cure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment