Sunday, February 12, 2012

My golf mk4 wont start and the car key symbol comes on the dash board, any suggestions?

I am trying to start my car and it wont start , the key car symbol comes up on the dashboard. any suggestions. it looks like the immobiliser. its a golf mk4My golf mk4 wont start and the car key symbol comes on the dash board, any suggestions?It is most likely to be a flat battery in your key. If yours has an infra red LED then you can check it with the camera on your mobile phone or digital camera, as mobiles and cameras show infra red light as white light on the display. Simply shine your fob into the lens of the phone / camera and you will see the LED light. If it doesn't then the battery is flat or the fob is faulty. The same technique can be used for all infra red remotes (TV, DVD players, CD players the lot). If you do change the battery then you may need to get the key / fob reprogrammed. I don't know how this is done on a Golf, but you probably need to take it to a VW dealer. Some cars cannot be done and have to have the ECU, ignition barrel and all of the door locks changed. On old 7-series BMWs you simply put the fob on top of the infra red sensor on the dashboard and held both buttons down on the fob for 15 seconds.My golf mk4 wont start and the car key symbol comes on the dash board, any suggestions?Have you changed the battery in your key recently? If you have then it could be that your key needs to be reset or reprogrammed to work with the car. Now I'm not entirely sure how to do this as I don't own a golf but there is a method that you can use at home to sort the key. Take it to a VW garage or even a local garage should be able to reprogram the key. Alternatively you could search for any VW forums, they usually have all the information you need to do it yourself!My golf mk4 wont start and the car key symbol comes on the dash board, any suggestions?I had that once in my citroen



it was a wire came loose in the starter circuit on the starter motor (I had key symbol the same)



do you have the 'red' key that should come with the car? the mechanic will need it, otherwise you need new immobiliser system (about $700)

No comments:

Post a Comment